This website is the continuation of “The big book on the Doepfer A-100 analog modular system” that I published in 2011 (German only).
Here you will find a few pages on the basics of the modular system (9 chapters under the menu item “Basic knowledge“) and then there will be a separate page for each module. The modules will be created piece by piece and continuously expanded. At the moment the German section contains about 140 modules (these are almost all from the book and some new ones), another 40 are still in preparation. Since these 40 are mostly newer modules that have not yet been described in the book, progress is now a little slower…
You can find the latest posts here, a list of all the modules described by category here.
In the meantime, the contents of the original book (German) as a PDF download:
Das Große Buch zum Doepfer A-100 Analog Modular Synthesizer
Being busy with translating the original German content we now have 70 module descriptions in English ... more will come soon. (04/22/2023)
Website update: New and hopefully more comfortable layout than before. (03/07/2023)
The post on the A-111-4 had a defective audio file for the hard sync vs. soft sync - sound sample. The bug is fixed. (02/23/2023)
New chapter: Polyphony in the A-100 (12/26/2022)
- A-125 Voltage Controlled Phase ShifterCompared to the “Superphaser” A-101-3, the A-125 looks quite modest: Only half as many controls and – yes – 35 fewer sockets. But you don’t always need such complex options as the A-101-3 offers. Quite apart from the cost factor: … Read more
- A-121 Multimode FilterThe module is no longer in production. The A-121 is an early but very neat filter design by Doepfer. Unfortunately, the Curtis module CEM 3320 used is no longer available, so the module is no longer commercially available. It’s a … Read more
- A-111-6 Miniature Synthesizer VoiceI often used my A-111-5 as a “stopgap” when I quickly needed another simple synthesizer voice and maybe was just too lazy to patch extra VCO, VCF, VCA, ADSR and LFOs for such a secondary voice . I was often … Read more
- A-118-2 Noise / Random / T&H / S&HThe “Slim Line” module is a version of the classic analogue noise generator A-118-1 reduced to half the width (only 4HP). As with the other “Slim Line” modules, slightly smaller buttons and sockets with narrow, round nuts are also used … Read more
- A-115 Audio DividerThe A-115 audio divider is a simple frequency divider that outputs square wave signals of 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 the frequency of the input signal. This corresponds to a tone 1, 2, 3 and 4 octaves below the input … Read more